Sep 12, 2009

Sept 11th 2009

My friend Wes and I headed over to Roy Thompson hall to see if we could spot any celebrities who were scheduled to arrive for the premiere of "The Men Who Stare At Goats." After no more than 20 minutes, we got our wish - Ewan McGregor showed up.



I saw Ewan last year too when he was here promoting Cassandra's Dream with Colin Farrell. He looks even better this year, or maybe it's cause I was a LOT closer to him.





The crowd awaits for Clooney.



It's him! It's Clooney! Try and find him in this picture. Click on it to enlarge:



He's getting closer to me...



Ohhhhh my god he's moving towards me



OMG OMG WE'RE ABOUT TO SHAKE HANDS! I am so happy to have taken this picture - PROOF I shook Clooney's hand! Although, why would I lie about this moment? I asked him if I may shake his hand, he said certainly but I'd have to be careful and shake the bandaged one, I said I'd be very gentle and that was that. A lot of German tourists were standing around me and they all wanted to touch the hand that touched Clooney, some suggested I use his DNA to clone my own Clooney.



Enlarge this picture to see Michael Moore, who arrived at the red carpet in a massive Ford truck. So appropriate!



My new German friend Kamilla holds up her autograph book. First photo is Clooney's signature and the second is Ewan McGregor's.





After all the big stars had come and gone (Ewan, George, Tate Donovan, Michael Moore, Jeff Bridges) a lot of the fans had left. I stuck around in hopes more people would show up...

Well, out of NO WHERE, Bill Murray walked by. He was on the 'other' side of the barriers, ya know, the side with all the rabid screaming fans. I was stunned and in my panic I yelled out "HEY!! BILL MURPHY!!!" which is probably why he didn't turn around. Whoopsie! What a faux-pas on my part.



Also seen Ben Mulroney of ETalk, looking pretty fine and movie critic Ben Lyons who nobody recognized but me. Ben was quietly leaving the press area, checking something on his phone, when I yelled out, "Hi Ben Lyons!" He stopped, shocked that he was being noticed in a mass of Clooney fans, said "Hey how's it going?" I said, "Fine thanks!" and that was that.

I'm back to Toronto tomorrow for a Gala screening of Chloe and the Midnight Madness screening of "The Loved Ones." Here's to another awesome year at the Film Festival : )

3 comments:

  1. both Ewan and George look really good! Nice shots Amber, especially the one of GC lookin right at you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pocket-sized celebrity George Clooney!

    Way to screw up a Bill Murray sighting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha you kill me! How did I not know that this whole event occurred!... I died laughing when I read the Bill Murray (Murphy) part of the story... you kill me Amber hahaha

    ReplyDelete