Sep 27, 2009

Portland Day 1: Sept 27th 2009



We left Seattle at 11am and took the Amtrak train to Portland Oregon. Check out our fancy-pants hotel room at "THE NINES" booked on Hotwire for the low low price of 80 bones/night!



Met up with the old "in laws" for dinner at Henry's Restaurant. Mama Thornton to the left, big daddy-o Jason in the middle and lil' sista Liz on the right.



Hey, it's Shamara and Derek! Looking fine as always. These beautiful people will be my hosts while I stay in Oregon.



Family Photo : Take 1



Family Photo: Take Two. That's better. Well, for Shamara at least.



We (I say "We" but really, Derek) got lost in Portland heading back to the hotel after dinner. There are so many 1 way streets here, which aren't usually that big of a deal, but there are also a LOT of streets where you're not allowed to turn either left or right. A tad frustrating for the driver, I'm sure. I had fun in the back seat, not sure how Derek felt with my mom and I chanting "U-EY U-EY U-EY" in an attempt to get him to both 1) break the rules of the road and 2) give us a joy ride.

2 comments:

  1. We went to Henry's last time I was in town, nice place. I'm surprised to see Derek without a hat! Lookin good D-man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hotel is AWESOME! So glad I can keep up with your antics while your on the other side of the country :P

    ReplyDelete