Sep 25, 2009

Seattle Day 2: Sept 25th 2009



Day 2 began with a FOOD tour of Seattle. Ya that's right, a tour of FOOD. Jealous? We met our group at the Starbucks on 1st Ave and Pike Ave.



First Stop - DONUTS! Great way to start the morning.



Our tour guide, Brett led us around Pike Place Market by carrying a pink umbrella. It was really really funny and slightly embarassing for everyone involved.



You know the tour had to take us to the famous Seattle fishmongers. This was the only stop on the tour where I wasn't able to partake in the 'tasting,' it was still great to visit these fine fisherman. So much fresh food!



You knew this photo was coming - the famous Flyin' Fish! This fish was HUGE and our guide said it was probably the largest he's ever seen them hurl across the counter.



For the stop at Chukar Cherries we were taken INTO the stall, behind the counter for our tasting. There wasn't a lot of room so we all had to squeeze in. My fave part about this picture? The smiley Asian woman smiling behind my mother.



View from behind the counter, lots of hungry shoppers perusing chocolate covered Espresso beans & chocolate covered cherries.



I don't remember what kind of cheese & crostini we ate, but DAY-UM was it good! Thanks to Beecher's Homemade Cheese.



We left Pike Place Market with full tummies and great memories. I'm still thinking of those Donuts.



After our food tour we took an hour long harbor tour of Elliot Bay 'n Stuff. My camera battery died 2 minutes into the tour, which really really pissed me off. I only managed to get this one shot. I lost out on TONS of beautiful photos of the skyline. I'll never forget to charge my battery from this day on.



We took the Monorail over to the Seattle Center, home of America's CN tower, the Space Needle! It's so cute in comparison to the CN. I'm sure it's usually really impressive, but I don't think 1) It lights up at night and 2) it's really all that tall.



I really really wanted to check out the Experience Music Project. We arrived at 4pm with full knowledge it was closing in a hour. Our tour guide said everything in Seattle closes early as the people here love to nap. The museum closing at 5pm really proved that theory for me. We toured for an hour then had to leave =/ Luckily we're able to use our tickets to go back tomorrow, hopefully we can squeeze in!

NOT pictured today: Did a little shopping after our Seattle Center adventure & enjoyed a delicious Thai dinner at WILD GINGER (thanks to Josee for the recommendation).

2 comments:

  1. Love that public market photo - looks like a great tour! I'll remember this one! :)
    Anyway - I almost forgot! When we were at the Jays game on Friday there was this hilarious guy behind us and he was joking around with some Seattle fans in front of us (who were actually Newfies... strange) and was making fun of the Space Needle! haha your picture reminded me :)

    ReplyDelete